- Go with the (lava) flow As you hike along the lower trails of Snow Canyon State Park, look up to see ridges capped in lava from eruptions possibly as recent as 20,000 years ago.
- Sit in a stagecoach Check out the one restored stagecoach that visitors can hop aboard at Iron Mission State Park Museum.
- Camp beneath the aspens The 26 campgrounds in Dixie National Forest might seem like a lot, but it's still easy to lose yourself amid the forest's 2 million acres.
- Pay your respects to the Bard Watch the likes of Othello on a stage that replicates the Old Globe Theatre during the Utah Shakespearean Festival.
- Walk where dinosaurs stepped The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm would be developed real estate if a backhoe hadn't unearthed ancient footprints in 2000.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More