- Salisbury Cathedral Crowned with England's tallest church spire, this impressive cathedral offers spectacular views over the surrounding countryside from the roof and spire, accessible by daily tours.
- Stonehenge The power and mystery of this Neolithic stone circle on Salisbury Plain is still spellbinding.
- House and garden at Stourhead The cultivated English landscape at its finest, with an 18th-century Palladian stately home and beautiful gardens adorned with neoclassical temples.
- The New Forest Get away from it all in the South's most extensive woodland, crisscrossed by myriad trails that are ideal for horseback riding, hiking, and biking.
- Literary trails Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, John Fowles, and Ian McEwan have made this area essential for book buffs, with a concentration of sights in Chawton, Dorchester, Chesil Beach, and Lyme Regis.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More