Dubrovnic! Help please with questions about transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! We are planning of staying in Dubrovnik for a short visit in July and have a question about transportation from the airport. Prefer to take a bus or some other kind of public method to get into our hotel. I haven't found a hotel yet could certainly use some help on that too. Prefer to pay not more than $200. a night. Any suggestions are appreciated! Also, best locations to stay.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:14 AM

We stayed at Karmen Apartments located inside the walls close to the Ploce Gate. The owner, Marc, made arrangements for a taxi driver to pick us up at the airport. The taxi driver called Marc when he dropped us off just outside the Ploce Gate, and Marc met us a few minutes later inside the gate. The cost in 2019 was 525 euros for 3 nights.

https://www.karmendu.com/
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:54 AM

Hiya, for a short stay (how short?). I'd personally stay inside the city walls or as close to it as you can, especially depending on what you plan to do and/or plan to do next (especially since your trip seems to be really airport heavy). My recent stay was at B&B Lanii in stari grad (old town) in 2022. Not sure what their rates are for your dates in July but check booking.com for current prices.

From doing a Google search, the airport website lists public transport options from the airport: https://www.airport-dubrovnik.hr/en/by-bus-s22.
It lists links for the transport lines and timetables. I previously arrived via taxi (in 2015) from the airport but cannot recall how much it cost. And in 2022 I arrived via catamaran and took the bus from ferry port to Old Town. Your lodging and/or Dubrovnik (note spelling for searches) tourism site should give you more info on transport options within the city should you need it. I want to say bus #1 takes from Gruz and the port to stari grad, but cannot recall off top of my head. I do remember Googling as I went (great resource for bus lines and other transport options) if necessary.

Last edited by Travel_Nerd; Apr 23rd, 2024 at 11:15 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 01:11 PM

Why do you prefer to take public transportation to your hotel? I always prefer to take a taxi to make my life easier. I don't like schlepping luggage on to public transportation. But that's me. Is Dubrovnik your first stop from the US? You will have jetlag so make your life easier by taking a taxi. Just my opinion.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 02:20 PM

Karen, I know I'm not OP but if I understand correctly from OPs threads it sounds as if OP will be in Europe for some time before Dubrovnik. Beginning in Portugal (from Vancouver), flying to Venice, train to Ljublana and at some point flying to Dubrovnik.

OP, just a suggestion, you have a lot of threads going on for the same trip and you do not necessarily need to post a new topic for each question. For efficiency, maybe ask the mods to combine your threads? It would give a complete picture.