Search

Santander

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2024, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santander

Hi,
Me and my friends are going to Santander for 5 nights from May 26th to 31st May. We are staying in the centre of Santander.

We were thinking possibly about hiring a car however the issue seems to be that I read you are only allowed to park in the centre of Santander (blue zone?) for two hours at a time, is this correct?

Only reason we thought of hiring a car was to see places close by like santana de mar.

Would be open to any other suggestions on where to go in the area

What are public transport links like in Santander? Would it better to use public transport due to the parkibg rules ?

Thanks in advance
Conor
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 06:04 AM

We spent a few nights in Santander many years ago, used public transit to visit Bilbao and S de Mar. Very convenient and efficient.
A nice town.
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 09:50 AM
kja

Some hotels offer parking, or at least they did in 2015. You can screen for that on booking.com
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 12:21 PM

Well, itīs metered parking in the center of the city, but you can park in the Sardinero area free of charge, depending on where you are staying is may be worth the walk. Santillana (not Santana) del Mar is just fine for an hour or so, there are many other beautiful places in the area, but 5 nights in Santander do seem too much time there. If you have a car, Comillas, Castro Urdiales, Cartes, San Vicente de la Barquera, Somo...would be nice excursions. Off this province and entering the Basque Country, Bilbao is a must.