Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona France/ Paris

Need some recommendations please; October 2 week trip
Flying into Barcelona 3 days
Then we are looking to see some areas of must see south of France
from there up to Paris
So what to see along the way?
I hear not to drive but to take a train from say Lyon to Paris?
I appreciate everyones advise!
melinda
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 10:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
seat61.com
rome2rio
is the first place to play around with planning. Once you have a plan, you can check train timetables and buy tickets from Spanish and French train websites picking up tickets from the local ticket machines.

Must sees; require us to know what interests you. What a person who loves castle ruins thinks of a must see is different to one who loves great bridges.
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona - south of France - Paris

Need some recommendations please; October 2 week trip
(*interests food tours, castles, history walking tours, regional interests of what a town is known for, special things like soap lavevder wine olive oil etc.)
Flying into Barcelona 3 days
Then we are looking to see some areas of must see south of France maybe a chateau to stay in?
from there up to Paris
So what to see along the way?
I hear not to drive but to take a train from say Lyon to Paris? Or is there places to see along that route?
I appreciate everyones advise!
melinda

Last edited by trolleydolly; Apr 13th, 2024 at 05:16 AM. Reason: More info
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
October
interests food tours, castles, history walking tours, regional interests of what a town is known for, special things like soap lavevder wine olive oil etc.)

Savon de Marseille and de Provence are the big stand outs for lavender soap. You can buy these things all over but Avignon might interest you, the old Pope's fortress, walled town, market days (https://www.avignon-et-provence.com/...rkets-provence)

Alsoo Arles and Nimes are easy to get to nearby. The TGV fast train goes from a station near Avignon and it heads north to Lyon and Paris.

Going north of Barcelona are some nice little places. Narbonne stands out but also Girona, Perpignon, Montpellier offer you access to more markets, often covered and open most days.

Castles, well there are a bunch of ruins plus the much restored Carcassone, which is a bit out of the way.

Walking tours, well there should be still some donkey walks around. Most towns will have them, organised or advertised from the town website. eg https://reservation.avignon-tourisme...ting=st=a;so=a but nearly all large towns have English websites, so just work your way through them all.