Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2023, 12:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
French Riviera- 6 days - Itinerary Help

Dear Friends,

Greetings from Goa...!!!

Well, im writing this for itinerary help please

we are a couple with a 3 year old daughter and its our wedding anniversary and we want to do a holiday as below in Jan 24 end and beginning of Feb.

Day 1 - Arrive in Prague in morning and we can leave next day afternoon as we have been couple of times in Prague. However we wish to visit the Infant Jesus church and hence the visit to prague

Day 2 - Take a flight from Prague to Nice OR Marseilles ...and thereon, we have 6 days other than Day 2...

We will not drive as we are not used to the Left hand drive and will use public transport.

We love small quaint towns , beautiful cafes, Bars etc..
I see that we can do couple of day trips from Nice..

Havong our daughter, we would not like to shift more than two hotels/ locations as our base.

Thank you in advance....

We would like this trip to be a memorable one...

Thanks

Nitish
Old Dec 9th, 2023, 06:46 AM

Attached is my 38 page itinerary for the Cote d'Azur & Provence.

Stu Dudley
Attached Files
Old Dec 9th, 2023, 07:34 AM

Fly into Nice and use that city as your base. From there you will have bus and train connections to go up and down the coast and to inland locations.

Some suggestions:

and on the same day:

going inland:

Old Dec 9th, 2023, 12:31 PM
mjs

I am not exactly sure what you mean by left hand drive but One drives on the right side in France.
Old Dec 9th, 2023, 01:49 PM

It probably just means that the OP comes from a country where one drives on the left side of the road.

Last edited by Michael; Dec 9th, 2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2023, 03:25 PM

When we based in Nice, my DH and I took a van day tour that covered several towns in the area...it was fine for a look and we then returned to the places we found inviting. The van picked up at the hotel so that was nice. Later, we easily took the train to revisit Monte Carlo and to a beach town whose name I'm forgetting!

On another trip in March, we were based in Mention and took a bus to Nice...we kept saying how crowded it would be in the summer. Sooo, train was easier than bus.

My personal preference is Nice over Marseille because it was smaller and more navigable.

Last edited by TDudette; Dec 9th, 2023 at 03:30 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2023, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flying all the way to Prague just for a short visit to a church doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I would suggest staying for all six nights in Nice. There's lots to see in Nice and also plenty of day trips. It would be more relaxing staying in one place. Places to visit from Nice, by train or bus - St Paul de Vence, Eze, Monaco, Ventimiglia (in Italy), Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, the Russian cathedral in Nice, Grasse, etc.
Old Dec 10th, 2023, 02:19 AM

There is no direct flight from Prague to Nice, Marseille or another airprt in Southern France at your dates.
The 1 stop connections will take a full day, unless you want to get up incredibly early in the morning, resp arrive at your destination late in the night..
Old Dec 10th, 2023, 02:11 PM

The steering wheel of the car is on the left. Perhaps what the poster means?
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

Dear Friends,
Thank you all for the suggestions and advices. Very helpful. We could not do the trip in Jan, however, we now have decide to go to France in May and have already booked our trip for 11 days - not including Day of arrival and departure.
Post arriving in Paris, we plan to stay at a Hotel close to the Airport and next day morning take a Train or Flight to Nice (Depending on the price).
Next 6 days we plan to stay in Nice and use that as a base and do multiple day trips from Nice as advised above. Later we arrive back to Paris and stay for 4 days in Paris and then fly back.
During our stay in Paris, one day we shall visit Disneyland for our daughter and one day we plan to do a day trip to Mont Saint Michel.

Would appreciate some suggestions on where to stay at a Budget in Nice and which area to stay in Paris....

Any other suggestions surrounding our plan too will be lot appreciated....

Thanks....
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another suggestion: Could a connecting flight from Paris to Nice be added on to your arrival flight, saving the cost of a hotel plus your alternative Paris-Nice transfer?
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 05:00 AM

When we did Nice and the Riviera for a week years ago with our two daughters, we flew into CDG from the US and transferred to Orly to get to Nice in March. I see that you have several options from Prague, including a connection through Florence.

We plopped ourselves in Nice at a nice little 3* hotel between the beach and the rail station, and every morning, I'd lay out the options for that day's activities over breakfast. The options were endless. We'd head to the rail station--and on some days, the bus stop--and have fun. We were able to visit everything from Cannes over to Monaco and Menton.