Search

Belize recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2023, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belize recommendations

Hi all-We are a family of 4 (2 kids-10and 14yo) and planning a trip to Belize for the winter holidays. Was thinking staying at Chaa Creek Lodge for 2-3 nights and then head to the beach (Ambergris Caye?) for 4-5 nights.
Would love recommendations on activities, places to stay, restaurants, etc. We like more on the scale of nice-upscale accommodations. Thank you!

Last edited by mgoyal; Sep 18th, 2023 at 05:20 AM. Reason: forgot to finish
Old Sep 22nd, 2023, 10:41 AM

We stayed at Chaa Creek and loved it. We stayed at Victoria House on Ambergris for our beach time and loved that as well.
Old Sep 23rd, 2023, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Booked Chaa Creek and Alaia in Ambergris Caye. Any recommendations on what to do in Ambergris Caye?
Old Sep 24th, 2023, 06:12 AM

Our favorite thing was snorkeling at Hol Chan; we had to take a small boat out to the reef site. A lot of Ambergris has sea grass close to shore. We also went snorkeling at Mexico Rocks. From Chaa Creek, we did a day trip to Tikal and we did a canoe trip through the cave at Barton Creek Cave.
Old Sep 25th, 2023, 12:37 PM

I preferred Caye Caulker to San Pedro personally but stayed at budget acomodations. Make sure to be careful about what you eat, I got very bad food poisoning there. I think it was from a taco I bought from a street vendor. Should have been smart enough not to buy it as they had no refrigeration system and it was a very hot day.

I had some fun with my own snorkel and mask in the split. Lots of fish to see there. The hol chan snorkeling tour is a blast. If I had the funds I would have gone twice.