Texas motor speedway…. First time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we’re going up 9/23 and staying the night to attend the race 9/24. My question, or be it, questions, are…
Since we have track passes…

is it safe to leave our stuff at our seats, while we go down on track. Comparing the belongings safety to that of Schliterbahn… we plan on taking seat cushions and a soft cooler, but want to be hands free while down on track.

can I bring a backpack? The website on bag policy is vague.

Has anyone done the Track Pass, does it allow you down with the drivers before the race? Or is it just access to the track prior to cars being on or drivers being on pit road.

If anyone is willing to help us first timers out, we’d greatly appreciate any and all suggestions. Please and thank you!
Old Sep 12th, 2023, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to denigrate NASCAR fans, but you should not leave anything in your vacant seat and expect to find it there when you return.

As to backpacks, expect them to be searched upon entry. Don't leave them anywhere (i.e. keep them on your backs).

I googled nascar backpack rules texas motor speedway and got this:

Can I bring a bag to TMS? Each fan is allowed to bring (1) soft-sided cooler (14”x14”x14”) and (1) additional bag (18”x18”x14”) through the entry gate.

Here is what the TMS says about track pass:

TRACK PASS

-58aba6b4-a033-bece-5cbd14b85e619507_320x320.png
Upgrade your Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 400 race day experience with a Track Pass**! Get up-close access to:
  • 1-Hour Pre-Race Concert with LOCASH
  • Trackside Live featuring Kenny Wallace & John Roberts as they host Driver & Celebrity Q&As
  • NASCAR Cup Series Driver Introductions
  • Stand on the track & sign the start/finish line
-------------------------------------

You will not be meeting drivers, not hanging out with cars, and not hugging the trophy girls.. IMHO, you will be herded around like Texas cattle before the slaughter.