Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Can you suggest a town/community in Florida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom/ 2 bath condo in a Florida community for next Winter - February and March, 2021. We are active seniors.

ON or VERY NEAR the beach
Active social opportunities
Organized tennis program
LOTS TO DO IN THE AREA, INCLUDING ACCESSIBLE GOLF
We have enjoyed Naples for many seasons and we would like to experience another area.

Thanks so much! Mrs. S

Old May 30th, 2021, 05:49 AM

When I read the first portion of your post I immediately thought of Bonita Springs but since you’ve stayed in Naples you are no doubt already familiar with that town as well as nearby Marco Island, both of which fit your needs to a “tee”.

Have you considered other West coast areas such as Sanibel, Captiva, Punta Gorda, Venice or Sarasota??

We have friends who spend the winter in Boca Raton on the east coast and love it there but it’s way to crowded for my taste. Further north you might like the Fernandina and Amelia Island area but it could be a bit cool at times during the winter months. Somewhat further south there’s Ponte Vedra Beach and St. Augustine areas that could fit your needs.
Old May 30th, 2021, 06:17 AM

Sarasota is the first place that came to my mind as well. We have also like some of the towns along the panhandle and like RoamsAround we much prefer the west coast area over the East coast side.
Old May 30th, 2021, 06:21 AM

There is also another thread asking about FL and they are looking at St. Petersburg, which we also liked, so though I might mention it here as well. We liked the town itself and its proximity to Tampa since it is nice to have access to some of the places of a larger city.