Litchfield beach south carolina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2020, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Visiting south end of the beach in September. Does anyone know the beach erosion situation? Do they have beach at high tide?
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 03:29 AM

We are at Litchfield by the Sea which is pretty far south and there isn't a whole lot of beach at high tide but here also isn't much crowd. I would also say it isn't new--it happened a couple of years ago now with a couple of hurricanes.
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Gretchen. It sounds like at least there is some sand to plant an umbrella and chair.
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 05:20 AM

Oh yes. Where are you staying?
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

At a house in the Peninsula.
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 12:28 PM

Well you sent me to google and you can look at the maps and listings and see the beach. I am absolutely amazed at that development. And you'll be reading about it if and when a hurricane hits that part of the coast!! That is borrowed land those immense houses are built on. I haven't walked that far down the beach for YEARS so didn't know about it. Friends have a place, maybe just a bit above the Peninsula and it has a nice beach.
I was amused by this descriptor in a sales thing. . Low sand dunes allow for amazing panoramic oceanfront views
As anyone who buys oceanfront property knows, the first thing you ask is "is there a dune" and if there is How high is the dune.
The dune in Litchfield has run out by the front of the Litchfield Inn. We are fortunate to have a double dune in front of our building and we are on the first floor above the garage so have a beautiful ocian view--across the dunes.
It's a beautiful part of the SE coast and there is lots to do. Have you been before? If you want restaurant recs we have 'em.