Search

Boomers in cali =help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boomers in cali =help

Staying In Obispo for 4 weeks in RV.
with a car planning to explore south to north or East. Already did San Diego and surrounding area, love light hiking; wineries a must and walking on beaches.
plan.to stay in Airbnb or hotels for 2 days at a time. Please make suggestions.

next stop Palm Springs for a week???

we are flying our grandchildren out in April in Mugu naval station with our RV there for 10 days - Disneyland and universal again in Airbnb. Want to do the Channel Islands(possible a boat tour?)
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 03:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to US board and tagged for California
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 03:34 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
First, getting off on the right foot.

Boomers in California . . .

Originally Posted by lizzyp
Staying In San Luis Obispo for 4 weeks in RV.
with a car planning to explore south to north or East. Already did San Diego and surrounding area, love light hiking; wineries a must and walking on beaches.
plan.to stay in Airbnb or hotels for 2 days at a time. Please make suggestions.

next stop Palm Springs for a week???

we are flying our grandchildren out in April in Point Mugu naval station with our RV there for 10 days - Disneyland and universal again in Airbnb. Want to do the Channel Islands(possible a boat tour?)
Or did I get it wrong, did you mean what you posted & I made incorrect assumptions?

Last edited by MmePerdu; Feb 28th, 2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am confused. Are you staying in an RV? Air BnB?
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MmePerdu

Boomers in California . . .

Or did I get it wrong, did you mean what you posted & I made incorrect assumptions?
Thank you.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 09:08 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You are in an RV so where/why do you need airbnbs and hotels? OR . . . maybe you mean you have the RV parked and are leaving it in place (Yes, it is San Luis Obispo) and are taking 2 and 3 day trips by car from SLO?? Otherwise I'm not really sure what you are asking. Also do note that in many communities, especially in the LA area and on the coast short term rentals are either strictly regulated or illegal.
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 07:59 AM

I don't really understand the Airbnb comment when you say you have an RV. Maybe you have some place to park it for a month in SLO and thus you want to do perhaps overnight trips elsewhere? Forget the whole Airbnb thing, it doesn't make any sense at all for someone doing a day or two elsewhere. Since you are so fond of that company, I presume you've used it and know how much time and trouble it takes versus just booking a hotel (and how much riskier it is in lots of ways).

SOme suggestions of overnights from that base:
Cambria
Santa Barbara
Ojai
Monterey (I'd add on at least another day there)
Carmel by the Sea
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 01:53 PM

Anaheim only has about 250 or so legal short term rentals and most of them are not in a convenient location to walk to the park, so you will need to look into taking the ART shuttle ($5pp per day) or driving to Disneyland and parking ($15-20per day).
Look into a suite hotel like Residence Inn, Clementine Suites (formerly a Residence Inn), Springhill Suites and similar which have a cooked breakfast and either a full kitchen or kitchenette
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

We are on a cross country trip across highway 10, down to big bend, to San Diego for the last 2 months. We parked our RV for a month here (Obispo) and will move our RV to Palm Springs for a week and then Pt. Mugu for 2 weeks in April to pick up our grandchildren for week. We Will use hotels in between; San Francisco’s, Monterey, Santa Barbara, and Disneyland for the kids. What to see and where to stay in all of the above, please.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:01 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.fodors.com/world/north-a.../san-francisco

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-a...laces/monterey

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-a.../santa-barbara

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-a...neyland-resort

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by lizzyp
We are on a cross country trip across highway 10, down to big bend, to San Diego for the last 2 months. We parked our RV for a month here (Obispo) and will move our RV to Palm Springs for a week and then Pt. Mugu for 2 weeks in April to pick up our grandchildren for week. We Will use hotels in between; San Francisco’s, Monterey, Santa Barbara, and Disneyland for the kids. What to see and where to stay in all of the above, please.
You really need to do some research on those places on your own to see what interests you. Then come back and ask specific questions.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 03:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
San Luis Obispo? Cali?
Channel Islands so staying in Santa Barbara?
Your post is not very clear or easy to understand.
Please ask more specific questions, one location at a time, in order to receive help from posters here.